Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A slow start.

       Well, the first of May is technically over. But I have yet to go to sleep, so I am counting this as still the first day. And what a day!

       To start, I only got about two hours of sleep. I have gone 60, 70, even 80 or 90 hours without sleep on many occasions, but sometimes only getting a little can be even worse. But I got through the start of the day just fine.

       This was the last day of classes for the semester. I handed in my work for English first thing, including a seven page research paper about surviving a zombie outbreak and useless paper about going out there and stating my dream job. Along with that was my writing journal, which I woke uo annoyingly early and had to pay to print, which was simply checked off that I had it and not at all read.

       I went through my other classes, taking some last minute quizzes for java programming, and just waiting for it all the finally be over. When it finally was, I was able to make slow progress toward bettering myself.

       The first thing I did was to send an application to a radio station to possibly continue my radio show there during the summer. Once that was done, I recorded a spoken word piece that will be played on my radio show tomorrow. Finally, I made my way to the theater and put most of the finishing touches on my light design for the Senior Recital.

       The lights had been moved and messed with since I had last been in that space. This was a bummer but nothing that wasn't fixable. Up the ladder, down the ladder. Up the ladder, down the ladder. I got a good start on my exercise for the day. I made some changes to the cues in the programming, and closed up shop.

       I walked back to my dorm, and took a much needed shower. With the hot lights and the running up and down the ladder, I was feeling pretty gross. Upon being squeaky clean, I trimmed my beard, and headed to dinner in the dining hall with my friends and girlfriend. This was more rushed than I would have liked, for tonight was the banquet for the theater department.

       The theme was space, so I went as the 11th Doctor. Bow tie, suspenders, tweed jacket and sonic: I was a knockout. The night was fun, but long. Knowing it would be late and dark before I headed back hoe from the venue it was being held at, I decided to walk there. My van's lights are not working right, so I didn't want to risk getting pulled over. It was also a good forty minute high-pace walk, and would prove to be a good means of exercise. At the end of the night I walked back as well.

       Getting back to my dorm, I set to work on some new writing. Being past midnight, I sadly did not get much done: about 400 words. When my eyelids became too heavy, I accepted defeat and jumped online to bang out an update. I intend now to fall asleep reading Foundation by Asimov. There is another early morning to be had tomorrow and I need to be ready.

1 comment:

  1. Busy day! Sounds like a bang-up way to end the semester though! I think it's important to realize the exercise you do throughout the day and factor that in with how much extra you should do. Even just a light walk after a busy day is considered improvement in my book. Looking forward to reading about your progress this month. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete