Saturday, May 4, 2013

Once more, with feeling.

       Day 3 TL;DR - 5 sets of 20 pushups in the span, jogged between buildings on campus throughout the day. Read part of Foundation by Asimov. Wrote a short story based on part of my life. Won student DJ of the year at my uni's radio. Taught myself most of the info needed to pass my exam, nearly a semester's worth of info, in the five hours before the exam.

     My third day started the day before. Meaning I didn't sleep at all during the night. I had intended to spend it studying for my exam. Well... That didn't happen and shame on me. So with about five hours before the exam I went down to the dining hall, say next to the wall/window (the whole outside wall is ceiling high windows) and taught myself the entire wealth of knowledge need for the exam. Well, more than was needed and less really. I forgot to look up floating-point decimals from when I missed that part on the midterm, and it showed up again. And much of the questions about networking were more in-depth that I expected, but I muddeled through well enough I think. And there was a lot I taught myself that was not at all on the exam.

      While studying I also worked on some short stories and did a little redditing. I also took way too long trying to figure out machine language and the Brookshear stuff from our book specifically. I don't learn well from books. Something that just shows me exactly how you would do something once is much better. Took way too long to find such an example, but I got it done. And good thing too, that was one of the bigger sections.

      Once that was done I went down to the theater. I took pictures of the chalk scenery that was used on the BFA recital. Someones boyfriend came in and did it for us and asked for pictures for his portfolio, and being the one with the best camera and the only photographer involved with the show, I volunteered. Once that was done... I had time to relax. It was surreal.

     I went to my dorm and split my time for a while between pushup and Asimov. I went to dinner at the dinning hall with my GF and friends. The group usually spends a few hours there when we can. We just shoot the shit and talk nerdy talk and all.

      Once dinner was finished, I went back to my room and putzed around until it was time for the banquet for our radio station. I put on a shirt, my best suspenders and my maroon bow tie. My GF was my plus one and put on a very nice dress. She borrowed it from her friend, who is dating the incoming general manager for next year, both of whom are also in the group of my peeps.

       It was a little weird going to something dressed up like that together already. It was nothing too formal, but she is certainly not a dressing up gal and it was kind of flattering that she put a dress on when we have only been together for two weeks.

      The event was nice, small and fun. A lot of awards were given out, some serious some fun. I personally and I assure you unexpectedly won student DJ of the year. It was pretty damned awesome.

       When that was all said and done we headed back to my GF dorm and just snuggled til we passed out. It was nice to finally have at least half a day where I wasn't running around doing one thing right after another.

No comments:

Post a Comment